Monday, October 30, 2017

Happpiest Halloween from Africa!

Hi everybody, hope you are all doing good and being safe! This week has been great!

Well first off we had 4 baptisms on Saturday! Abigail, Ester, Edna, and Ernest! Awesome young kids who I have grown to know very well over the past couple of months! They are awesome and I'm so happy for them getting the chance to be baptized!

As for other things we have been doing lots of finding here. The town here in Asunafo had a big party this weekend because they had 8 funerals. It was so crazy, loud music, people dancing in the streets and so on. We stayed away from the main part of town. We are having success here and the Lord is truly blessing us for our efforts here. We met two awesome guys who we are preparing for baptism in November. I'm excited for them. Missionary work is going great here!

I have been reading in Doctrine and Covenants this past week and I'm on section 25 and God is talking to Emma Smith and in the very first verse, it says all those who receive my gospel are sons and daughters in my kingdom. I love that part. People who receive this message are sons and daughters in God's kingdom. Also something else my trainer on mission explained to me, I would like to share is in 3rd Nephi 12:9 when Jesus Christ visits the people of the Americas and tells them "Blessed are the Peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God."
I want to reverse that and say "Blessed are the children of God for they shall be called the peacemakers." We as children of god have a chance to be peacemakers unto others. Serve others with our full heart. I have found that true as I have been here on mission serving God's children. The love they show to you is amazing. It has brought me great joy!

I know this letter is not that long but I just want to tell all of you thank you for the love and support you show to me here. I could not have come this far without you guys. Love you all!

Be safe and have a great week! God Bless!


Elder Paulson


1-This is coca season in Ghana. This is how they dry there coca.
2-The kids that live in our Compound
3-me in a farming hat
4-the heavens opened
5- Our baptism
6-Elder Antwi and me on the canoe
7-me being funny
8-Elder Paulson and Elder Antwi on P day.








Below I would like to share with you a letter from Elder Paulson's companion, who is from Ghana. He has such a humbling story. Elder Paulson asked me to write to him because he does not get many letters from his family. So both Brad and I wrote to him and he told us today that we now have an African son in Ghana! He thinks of Max as his brother. I have not edited it. His main language is Twi so his English is a little rough, but he is really helping with teaching the Gospel. Elder Paulson told me today that he will definitely leave a piece of his heart in Ghana and feels sad to think about leaving Ghana and the people there! I just love that!



Dear Mother-

It was a great week and also a busy week,We had four baptism they were five but one couldn't make it,I was the baptizer and it was a great experience for me.I and Elder Paulson had a great week and we also enjoyed the work,Last Saturday we traveled to Sagubenase to interviewed some people for baptism for the Elders there and it was good,for me to see how lovely children of our Father In Heaven want to enter into covenant with Him is a great moment for me and we have been called as instrument in His hands and brings them unto thee,Missionary work is the greatest work upon this Earth.

Elder Paulson is a great basketball player and he has told me more about it and also football as well,he told me that he plays for the Bingham team and also shown me some pictures it was cool.From Asunafo where I and Elder Paulson are serving to where I'm from is 6 hours journey it's far,Asunafo is in the Eastern Region Of Ghana I'm from the Ashanti Region of Ghana.

I will like to tell you about my life,My name is Elvis Antwi from the Ashanti part of Ghana from a town called Asonomaso,the people in Asonomaso wave Kente I mean the fabric Because Asonomaso is close to Bonwire the origin of Kente.My mum's name is Alice Daagye and My Father is Kwabena Antwi,my father is from the Brong and Ahafo Region of Ghana.I have 3 oldest siblings ,I'm the youngest and I love my family but I did not have Happy family but I'm still praying for them to be a happy family one day.

My lovely Father who I love most passed away on the 15 April 2017 while I was serving,Mr Antwi started learning with missionaries and also attending Sacrament meeting,He was writing me every Monday.My father died because of a liver problem and I MISSED him,Anytime I feel he around me but I know I will see him one day,I know Our FATHER in Heaven has as a great plan for all His Children.My older brother and my mum are member but now they less active because they are saying that Heavenly Father do not care about the family because the family is suffering,I have been sending them letters but they do not want go back to church but I know in His own due time they will change.

I'm high School graduate and I'm cultural dancers and runner,I danced for me school and won many competitions.I graduated 2014 and I was working as cleaner for for company that what I was using to care for my mother because my dad and my mum have been divorced for long time and my mum is not working Ghana is not easy. I joined the church in August 2014 and it has been a blessing for me,that why I'm also out sharing what I know to be true to other to enjoy the blessing.

Mom you will know more about Elder Antwi,feel free to ask me any question because I'm also your son.I will send my testimony or how I became a Member of the Lord's church in christmas it will be pouch because I have printed it.


Love you mother,
Elder Antwi.



No comments:

Post a Comment