Monday, October 16, 2017

Note from Mom- I changed the blog pic because I absolutely love this picture of him with these African children touching him, his face has pure joy on it and the kids look so happy!  Makes me smile!  

 Koli Poki out here.

Have any of you ever seen the movie The Other Side of Heaven? You know how everyone calls him Koli Poki? Everyone here calls me Boufloat. I don't know really what it means, but that is what they call me. Haha. Hope that will give you all a little chuckle to start out this email!

Well we have had a successful week this week, we were able to have 1 baptism on Saturday which is always an awesome experience to see someone enter the waters of baptism and make that promise with our Father in Heaven.

We were able to find 6 new investigators this week, and 5 people came to church. We had 9 people come to sacrament meeting! So this week has been a awesome week!

Life is good here in our little village of Asunafo.

The reason why I put Koli Poki is because I'm the only white guy here and no one really speaks English. Life is good because my companion is from Ghana so he speaks the language. I've come to love Ghana food more here. We eat a lot of plantains and different stews. We eat yam and banku which is like cooked corn dough with water. Life is good, I'm enjoying it. Ten months is not long!

So I'm reading in the Doctrine and Covenants now and also the Book of Mormon again. This week I finished Abinadi and his account and went into when Alma is converted from the words of Abinadi which goes to show us that even though sometimes it seems like no one is listening, you can have a major affect on someone else.

Alma did many amazing things from his conversion and Alma taught and helped many people come unto Christ.

I would encourage all of you to read the Book of Mormon it will strengthen your testimony in Jesus Christ. I have enjoyed reading it and continue to read it every day!

I love all you people be safe and have a good week!


Elder Paulson

1-Our baptism - Sister Mary
2-Elder Merrill and I
3-Geoge our branch missionary and I - the water at our chapel ran out so we had to fill it up with buckets
4-filling the buckets up in the rain
5-Investigators Left to right. Edna, Belinda, Ester and Abigail
6-Small girl in our ward
7-Some kids we met while proselyting
8-eating brownies DELICIOUS





















No comments:

Post a Comment