Monday, October 2, 2017

Asunafo is still bushy!


Well good afternoon from Ghana. Hope you all had a great General Conference weekend and had your prays answered in one way or the other.

This week was good. Elder Stilson left me to travel home to the USA on Sunday night and Monday my new companion arrived Elder Antwi. He is a Ghanaian from the Ashanti region and he is an awesome guy.

We have been teaching and trying to find some new people to teach in our area. This week we are planning on having 2 baptisms. Hopefully all goes well and as planned.

This week we also did some service on Saturday morning by going to the farm with our ward mission leader and planting some corn and he gave us some plantains for helping him. It's totally like you see on the movies of Africa jungle when you go there. I'll send you some pictures. Also he asked if I would carry a thing of Palm Nut on my head going out (I think it was mostly so he could laugh). Anyway though it was a funny experience. Also if you want to know what palm nut is you should google it. I don't really want to explain it. It's awesome though, they smash it into juice and then make oil and cook with it.

This week I finished the Book Of Mormon. It was a great experience to read it for a second time on mission and reading it again really makes me look more and think more about the things I read and helps to understand about the Savior more. It is true that reading it again and again you always get something different out of reading it. I think about Moroni at the end of the Book of Mormon and how he was alone but he knew that God was with him and would not leave him. He has amazing faith. I am now going to start reading The Doctrine and Covenants so we will see how that goes.

Thank you all who support me while I am here, I love all of you. Stay safe and as my dad says make good choices! Love you!


Elder Paulson


1-cool colorful bug I saw today
2-me and a goat
3-Great view
4-awesome looking river
5-Awesome frog we saw at the farm
6-colorful cocoa
7-me at farm
8-cutting down some plantain
9-carrying the palm nut (I looked it up -Palm oil is obtained from the flesh of palm fruit and is used as shortening, cooking oil, and in many food products. Palm nut oil is extracted from the kernel, or seed, of palm fruit and is nearly 80 percent saturated fat.
10-this is Ghana Lunch (I asked him if he ate this and he said NO!)  haha!















No comments:

Post a Comment