Monday, September 25, 2017

I'm a DL


Well Happy Monday friends and family. I hope you are all doing well.

First off today I want to start off with the awesome news is we had 3 baptisms this past Saturday. It was awesome to see people come closer to the Savior and have that chance to have there sins washed away. I'm going to start off with a short story about two of the people who were recently baptized.

So at the beginning of this transfer we went to visit these two investigators, their names are Florence and Seth. Awesome people!  Anyway, so my comp tells me that they are not yet married but are living together so they cannot be baptized until either one moves out or they get married. So we told them what needs to happen as we met with them, so over the next couple of weeks we continued to encourage them as best we could, but usually what happens is that we tell them they need to get married and nothing happens. So about 4 weeks went by and nothing happened so we got discouraged and began to lose hope because they had not yet made any arrangements to get married. About week 5 of the transfer our branch mission leader comes to us and tells us they have gotten married and we went there later that evening and it was true they had gotten married! We were so excited for them. They are two amazing people and are shining with the Light of Christ inside of them and they are both amazing people with amazing qualities. That was an amazing experience.

This week we have been working hard to get some more people to prepare for baptism and it looks like the work in the area is going to progress very quickly. This week we also had transfer news and my companion Elder Stilson is going back to the USA because he has completed his two years of missionary service. So my new companion will be a Ghanaian and his name is Elder Atwi. I'm excited the work will move faster with him speaking Twi to everyone.

Another thing that is new is that I will be the new District Leader which will be an interesting experience.

Well in my book of Mormon reading I have finished Mormon, I am now on to Ether and this has one of my favorite chapters.The part when the brother of Jared sees the finger of the Lord because of his great faith.  The Brother of Jared is one of my favorite people in the Book of Mormon. The faith he had and the love for the Lord is amazing to see when you read. I love the Book of Mormon.

Well I love you people I hope you have a good week. Be safe and make good choices.


Elder Paulson


1- Our District (Elder Stilson is the one with blonde hair on my left)
2-a camouflage moth
3-our Baptism on Saturday (photo cred Elder Merrill)
4- Our chapel
5- the sunset
6- weird picture of me



















No comments:

Post a Comment