Monday, September 4, 2017

Life in the Ghana Bush.

Well another week gone by, here in Ghana now on the downward slope of the mission. I hope this letter finds you all safe and well.

First this week we had lots of work to do trying to focus on people and we have a big teaching pool. So we have been working a lot.

Wednesday, we had District meeting and we talked about how to better use the Book of Mormon in our teaching and how we can use the Book of Mormon to find the people who are more ready for the message of the gospel. We also had a big talk about Malaria and how serious it is and trust me I have been taking my medicine for a long time now so no worries about that.

Thursday I went on exchange with Elder Mbonenche, he is from Malawi and we had a great time. Taught some awesome people and such.

Friday and Saturday were just regular Proselyting days.

Sunday we had an awesome show of our investigators at sacrament, we had like 8 people come which was AWESOME! I was way pumped for that. The best was the ones we are wanting to get baptized before the end of the month came, which means they are just progressing more and more opportunities of feeling the spirit in their lives. 'Im excited if you can't tell already!


So in my reading, I'm now in 3rd Nephi and have learned many awesome new things by re- reading the Book of Mormon. Like when the people of the Nephites band together with the Lamanites and defeat the Gadiaton robbers and are very righteous for a long time and many great things happen to them. Then Satan comes back into their lives and just tears them back down, it goes to show that we must always focus on our Savior Jesus Christ and always remember him because the devil always finds small ways to sneak back in to our lives.

Well I love all you peoples. Be safe and make good choices. May God bless you!


Elder Paulson

Side note:  I asked him about riding a "moto" and this is what he said. "I forgot to tell you in my letter about the Motorcycles. SO first they have been approved in our area because it is the only way in and out of our little village. Taxi's only go down here a little. The guy driving it is our friend and we call him whenever we are going places because he is the best driver we know." Thank Heaven for that! Ha!Ha!

1-Banku and pepe

2-THIS AWESOME MOTH
3- me cooking fried rice
4-more Moth
5-Medamfo (friend in Twi) our branch mission leaders daughter
6- cocoa pod
7- a cocoa tree
8-our kitchen
9-our room
10-feeding goats












I looked this up because I didn't really know and the white things inside the pod get dryed and end up looking like a bean and then get ground into cocoa powder.  70% of the worlds cocoa now comes from West Africa 











No comments:

Post a Comment