Monday, September 11, 2017

**I have to say that I am more than surprised to read how Elder Paulson has branched out in the things that he will eat.  I remember when he wouldn't even try sushi!  So with that in mind, be prepared!!  It is Africa after all! 

I'm In The Bush!

Well happy P day peoples. I hope you all have had a awesome week.

Well im just going to hit some highlights of my week.

The biggest highlight of the week is on Wednesday, we ate some......CAT. Yup sorry mom. I ate a cat. It actually is somehow good. The skin is super tough. Although I did eat the ear as well just to say I could, so it looks like my fear of eating food that I don't like it gone haha! I'll send pictures. Our branch mission leader killed it and cooked it for us, we bought the cat for 30 cedis, which is about $5. It was a awesome mission experience!

This week we have also been working on progressing some of our investigators to be baptized on the 23rd of this month. Some awesome people we are working with right now preparing to be baptized on that date.

On Thursday it rained all day which we kinda hated!

Saturday we went and farmed. In this part of Ghana most of the people if not all the people make there living by farming. Things like corn, plaintains, coco, cassava, coco yam. Awesome different things. So on Saturday we went with the first councelor in the district to his farm and planted corn for like 5 hours. Awesome small service activity. It was cool. Like if you ever go to like a zoo or something where they have jungle sounds playing in the background, exactly what it sounded like, but in this case it was real and awesome haha.

In my reading of the Book of Mormon I am in 3rd Nephi, and I am reading about when Jesus comes to the people of the Americas and teaches them. This part is awesome because he invites them to come to him and feel the prints in his hands and his feet, and as he is leaving they ask him to stay and he has compassion on them and heals their sick and afflicted.

I love the Book Of Mormon and the truthfulness you can gain from it. I encourage everyone to read it!


Elder Paulson


1-cat
2-cat
3-mi casa
4-dog at branch mission leaders house
5- my friend
6-Elder Paulson right now


As a side note, the cat thing kinda grossed me out but what is good is that he is trying new stuff and for him that is huge! So that makes me super happy! I guess the African's don't look at house cats the same way that we do!


















No comments:

Post a Comment