Monday, August 28, 2017

So I've been here a year.....


So this week was my one year. Pretty awesome.!  It's crazy to look back on where I was last year and where I am now. I want to just say thank you to everyone who has helped me along this way. I love and appreciate all of you!

This week for us has been somehow slow. We were focusing on two children, finishing the lessons and getting them baptized this past Saturday which we did do, that was awesome to have a baptism here very quickly.

On thursday we headed to Accra, because 1 Elder Stilson's brother is in the Ghana MTC and he got permission to go and see him before he goes home so we went and met him at the temple site and they got to talk for some time which was awesome to see 2 brothers reunited again. Then the 2nd reason is that I had to renew my noncitizenship card and mannnnn have I lost weight!  haha. I look at my first and second photo and put them together and wow, just wow! Bigggg difference. Good though ha! SO that was the official mark of my 1 year. The drive from Asunafo to Accra is like 4 hours... sucks. So we then got in a tro and headed back.

Then Saturday we had our baptism for the two children or young kids i guess you could say. They both did awesome and it is great now that they have the chance to grow up in the gospel and have others to care and watch out for them. So we will see what happens with this up coming week.

In my Book of mormon reading I finished Alma, and we all know the end of Alma is just full of wars. I look back though to the strength and courage of Captain Moroni and how all he wanted was to do good for his people. He wanted them to follow God. In one of the verses it says and I am going to paraphrase it, It says " that if others had the faith of Moroni that the very gates of hell would shake and the power of the devil would have no power whatsoever." That is amazing that if we just had the faith of Moroni the Gates of Hell would shake. He is definitely my favorite guy. My other favorite guy, who kind of gets overlooked is Teancum. Teancum is one of the generals for Moroni, he is an amazing warrior and uses tactics to beat his opponents and he has great faith as well. I promise that if you read the Book of Mormon with faith in your heart and wanting to know it is true, you can know of the power and truthfulness it contains . Before I had come on mission I had never read the Book of Mormon, to be honest, at least not all the way through. My advice would be to those who have not, try it, it's an amazing book.

Oh yeah and by the way apparently I'm like a movie star or something, I was in a short clip for the Face to Face Africa with Elder Renlund and it is only because we were the closest missionaries to the Temple site at that time. You only see me for like 5 seconds haha.

Thanks for everything again and I guess I'll see you people in like 1 year. Crazy!  Haha!


Elder Paulson


1 gecko found in my apartment
2 on moto going out of area, it's the only way we can travel in or out of our area
3 Ghana Accra Temple
4 a really cool white moth I found in our apartment
sorry not very many pictures this week, i promise to take more next week
5 the whole Ghana Accra West Mission Elders with Elder and Sister Renlund.








I think he really likes the Ghana Accra temple, he sends pics of it all the time.!







No comments:

Post a Comment