Monday, August 21, 2017

1 YEAR!


Well, good morning from Africa everyone. I am here in the bushy part of Ghana, writing you this letter. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying.

First off, i am now here in Asunafo, which consists of 2 branches and we cover both of them. The village is a small place just on the out skirts of Abomosu in the Eastern region of Ghana. Out here is basically like camping. Its quiet and dirt roads and no street lights, its a big change coming from the most city part of our mission. My new companion is Elder Stilson, from Emery Utah, home of the Spartans ( I know dad will appreciate that one haha). We are living the life here!

This week we have been preparing some of our investigators for baptism this coming Saturday. We have been doing a lot of work. We ride bikes which is making my legs stronger again. I have some pictures of my new area I will send in a separate email. I have been getting to know the new people of our branches here and everyone speaks Twi and very little people speak English. So looks like I will be learning a lot moreTwi.. Our branch mission leader goes out with us everyday and translates for us and he is awesome. The area is a great area.

On Saturday we had our Africa wide service project and our two branches came together and did some service for the community and it was a great time. We did some weeding and filled in giant pot holes on the main road to the village. It was great to see everyone working so hard and together. They did a lot of good that day. Ghanaians are super crazy hard workers, oh and I forgot to mention that everyone out here basically owns a farm. So one of these days we are going to do farming. Another thing is that you can see Toucans all over the place haha. Also yesterday one of the people that stay in Asuom, which is the zone leaders area, have a pet monkey and we went there yesterday while we had to have a meeting and played with it. ONLY IN GHANA!

This week I have been reading in Alma 32-40. In it, it talks about how this time is a time for us to prepare to meet God. I love the preaching that these missionaries are doing when they go to teach the Zoramites. Also they talk about how the people who were poor and humble from there afflictions, listened to the gospel and they converted many people. I remember reading about that.

This time last year I was about to head into the MTC and start this long journey. I'm excited for what is ahead for all of us and I love all you people who support me, thank you so much.



Elder Paulson


1-Elder Reunlund devotinal. Elder Aiono, Elder Joos, me
2-the book is blue the church is true

3-pizza for my 1 year before i lef
4-my Northridge People
5-Bro. Promise. North Ridge ward mission leader
6-again
7- me and Bro. Martey our first consuler
8-saying good bye to morris
9-family home evening at our bishops
10- here it is.... the bush
11-bush, bush, bush










































No comments:

Post a Comment