Tuesday, August 15, 2017

I'm a little baby bush boy.


Well family and friends another week has gone by and we have received transfer news on Saturday night and the area that I'm going to be in is called Asunafo, it's in the Eastern region of Ghana and it is the most forest/bush area that we have in our mission. I'm excited, also a little nervous as well. My new companion is Elder Stilson, he goes home at the end of this transfer. A new experience in a new part of Africa.

This week has been an awesome week, as well as a slow week. We were able to have 5 new investigators that we have found, on the sad part though our 1 investigator who was suppose to be baptized this week did not come to his baptismal interview so we were not able to have the baptism this week and there is a few more things that he needs to get figured out before he can be baptized.

I'm going to miss the people of North Ridge, the city life is a good life. It is smelly and it is hard to find people to teach and be very serious about the gospel, but the members were very loving to me and I appreciate all that they did for me.

So in my scripture reading I am now in Alma 1-27 this week. Reading the Book of Mormon again has helped me so much to understand it more. So in these chapters 2 of my favorite parts are 1 when Alma and the sons of Mosiah meet up again while traveling in the wilderness and they rejoice to see each other and I'm guessing that is how it will be when all the bros get back to home and meet up at the end of all our missions. I'm excited for that day! Then my second favorite part is when Ammon goes and teaches King Lamoni and his people and we all know the great story that comes out of that. I was thinking that all he did was a simple act of faithfully serving someone and showing the light of Christ inside of him, it is such a simple thing to serve others that we sometimes pass it over or do not look at it as something that we do. I hope and pray that all of us can find chances to serve others around us and that we can still show the light of Christ inside of us. To continue on I also pondered on the thought of what if Ammon never went to these people or just was too scared to talk to them, because if we look at the Lamanites, they literally wanted to kill the Nephites every chance they got to. He had the courage and trusted in the Lord to go forth and to share to his fellow brethren what he knew to be true and because of that there sons became great warriors. They were a chosen people of God. I love their story so much. I have learned so much from reading the Book of Mormon again.

Also one last cool thing is the place I'm going has Tucans and monkeys. I'm sure Elder Shoemakers place is still more crazy then mine but hey Schy maybe I'll get a taste of what you see haha.

Love you all and I am coming up on 1 year this next week, thank you all for supporting me in what I am doing here in Africa.


Elder Paulson










2 comments:

  1. Love the experiences these friends are having all the way around the world...I am sure he and Schy are having similar experiences!! Lots of crazy animals and food! :) Keep up the good work, Elder Paulson! Love the Shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will be so great to see Schy and Max together and talk about their experiences in Africa! They are doing so great! I love Schy letters too! Who knew such a quiet and somewhat shy young many would have so much to say and in such a great way!

      Delete