Monday, October 9, 2017

It's a Toucan!


Hello people back home! I hope you are all doing well and have had a fantastic week!

This week we have had a great week here in Asunafo, Ghana with the missionary work. We have been able to find 7 new investigators this week. The work is moving forward and the Lord is truly blessing us for our efforts here. I am continuing to fall in love with this place. The people are great and the village is amazing.

We have been teaching this man named Emmanuel for a while and he was suppose to be baptized this past week but unfortunately his sister passed away and he attended the funeral so we are hoping to have him baptized on the 28th of October as well with 9 others. So for that week we are planning on baptizing 10 people which I am super excited for.

Being a District leader brings a whole new perspective into play with being a missionary. It's awesome to get some more experience in a different way. It helps you to look at others and think of ways to help them become better missionaries as well as yourself.

I have finished reading the Book of Mormon like I said but I have now begun again reading it with the mission. We are in Mosiah 11 and this chapter is where Abinadi comes in and preaches to King Noah and tells him of the wicked things and that they need to repent and he speaks of Christ and his coming. I think about the faith that these people had. They had never seen Jesus Christ, they just had faith and through their faith they knew that he would come and be their Savior. Over the past week I have had the chance to study more on the Atonement of the Savior. It really hits home to think about when Jesus was in the Garden and he asks his father that if there is anyway that he cannot do this, but he will do it if it his will. I think about how many times I have complained or told my dad I don't want to do something because it seemed to hard or boring. I now know that the love that Jesus had for his Father he was willing to do anything he asked. He loved each one of us so much that he suffered and died. He didn't want to do it. He just knew that he HAD to for each ONE of us to have the chance to live with him again. My testimony has grown of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for his sacrifice so that each one of us may live with him again. If you want to read one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon it is Alma 7 which talks about Jesus Christ.

I love you peoples and hope you have a great week! Ill send pictures in another letter. Thanks for everything!


Elder Paulson


1- My comp pumping water. THis is how the village gets water
2-Beautiful sunset
3-this is a medical center in my area - Check out the name
4-this is a traditional house made out of mud
5-me helping a lady make traditional medicine
6-my comp, branch mission leader and me
7-great view from the top of our area
8-GOAT  (whate would a letter from Elder Paulson be without a pic of a goat) :)
9-me cutting plaintain
10-TOUCAN
11-more toucan







Be sure and read the caption on the building!  So Cool!












Elder Paulson says they are hard to get close to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment