Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Feels Like a Vacation in Ghana!

Good morning everybody back home.

So I'm going to explain in great detail why my caption is vacation.

So this week my companion was saying that he has a boil on his bottom, he said that it was hurting really bad so on Wednesday we went to see the mission doctor, Elder Anderson. He said that it was some type of staff infection or something worse and my comp could end up in the hospital if it does not get better so he said to come back the next day. Then on Thursday we went back and it was not getting better so he said come back tomorrow and we will see what we will do. So the problem is that all my companion has to do is soak his bottom in warm water but the problem is our bath tub is not so great and the bath water comes out kinda dirty too. So when we went back on Friday he then told Elder Aiono that he needs to go stay at the mission home for a couple of days to soak bottom.

So I was able to go with him because President Simpson and his wife were leaving to go out to an area in the bush with the new mission couple that just came from the Utah Cottonwood Heights area. So we ended up staying at the mission home from Friday till today so he could recover. All they were really trying to do was to try to keep him out of the hospital, which it worked! So.....sleeping under AC for three night felt like I was staying in a hotel. I didn't even really feel like a missionary last week really because we couldn't do much. Today though he is doing much better of course.

This week I was reading in Alma 13 through Alma 18 and in chapter 14 it is the part where Alma and Amulek have to watch the women and children be burned and Amulek says to Alma why do they not use their priesthood power to save them and Alma says to him because he knows that they will be in a better place, and will be saved. I can't imagine the faith Alma had to have to know that they were going to be saved. I don't know if I ever told you guys about the story of the pastor I met back in my first area but I'm going to share it anyway. Me and Elder Evans had been teaching this man for a while and he was about 65 I would have to guess, he always had a lot of questions for us about the church. This one time I felt prompted to go and see him and so we went and when we went to his house he was sitting on his porch looking at a photo album of his daughter who had recently passed away some few months ago. He told us that he has no idea where his daughter is or what she is doing. He seemed so lost. It surprised me and my companion because he has been a pastor for 25 years+ and has done so many things for people who have passed on but when it came to his own family his faith was shaken. We then of course, shared the plan of salvation with him and it seemed to help him. I don't know how he is doing now but all I could do was help him to know where his daughter is. I love this Gospel. I love you people. Have a great week and stay safe!


Elder Paulson





No comments:

Post a Comment