Monday, January 9, 2017

Ghana Missionary!

Well happy week friends and family, I hope everyone enjoyed the new year and is safe and sound.

This week went by somehow fast to me. This week was a good week. I got to go on an exchange with Elder Morris and learn from him, which is good. We are still pretty pumped about our new recent convert and his success, this week he was able to receive the priesthood which was exciting. This week we are maybe going to take him to the temple if he can get his own names to do baptisms for the dead! He is learning so quickly and truly loves the gospel. He is a great testimony to me that people can truly change there lives towards the gospel.

This week I don't have a lot to share, it was somehow a normal week doing missionary work and not doing anything crazy, haha! Next week I'll try to have something very exciting for you to read. 

This week I want to share my favorite scripture with you, it's in Mosiah 24: 12-15. These verses are when Alma and his people are taken up by Amulon and have many burdens placed among them, but Alma and his people stay faithful and not only pray but "pour" out their hearts to their God it says, then the Lord responds to them saying that I know of the covenant which ye have made unto me, he says he will deliver them out of bondage and make their burdens light. For me I know that when we put our trust in and continue to do the things the Lord wants us to do and always remember him in our lives he can make our burdens light, he came to earth to suffer for our sins because he loves all of us so much, I know that to be very true. Then it continues that in 15 he didn't take away their burdens but gave them strength to continue through those burdens. Then because of their great faith it says they had comfort and were able to be lead out of the city by God.

For me, my testimony is that through our Savior and redeemer we can truly find the path to our salvation when we come to love him more and more. In the small time I have been on my mission I have come closer to my Heavenly Father and felt his presence more in my life then ever before. I love this church, THIS CHURCH IS TRUE, it is the only way we can go to live with our Father in Heaven again. I Leave all these things with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment