Monday, January 23, 2017

So I'm sorry, I don't have much time. I'm going to write as much as i can in a short amount of time.

Hello Friends and Fam, Hows Life?

I hope first off everything is going well, I'm enjoying it here in Ghana. This week was long it seemed, getting a new companion is good and I love meeting new people especially having an awesome Australian companion. I'm very much enjoying myself. My companion is Samoan born in New Zealand, living in Australia. He tells me awesome stories and how Samoa and Ghana are very much the same. I enjoy being with him.

This week was interesting I guess you could say, first off I found a half court with a basketball hoop and there were some people playing on it and I went over and started to play with them and I ended up winning of course, because I still got game! Haha! Then I contacted a guy out of it. It was awesome! We also contacted this girl standing by the court whose name is Saleme, remember her name I'll talk more about her in a little bit. Also when we went to see some of our old investigators we were able to get them to be more serious about learning with us and now they are really interested in the church. Because at first they all were not that interested about the church, it's awesome to see people change and how the spirit can work on them. We contacted this other guy his name is Frank and he had a lot of deep questions about salvation and we were able to help him. Gosh, I love how the spirit works.

Well now on to Saleme and her story. So we contacted her on Wednesday I think and so we went and saw her Thursday and Friday. So Saturday we went by to check on her but she was not around so we were riding down this hill and she pops out of now where and asked us where we were coming from and we told her from her house, then she said who did we talk to at her house and told her that her sister Mary had told us where she was and she started talking really fast and angry, asking us how we knew her name and we told her she told us. Anyways, this story is super long, but in the end she was a little crazy and all she wanted to do actually was marry us and didn't want to learn about our church. She told us not to come back. It was the most crazy thing that has happened to me so far on my mission. Some how sooo funny!

Well folks I love you people. This church is true and I encourage all of you to invite others who are not of our faith to hear this message that the missionaries have to offer. I know it can bless any person's life who truly listens and opens their heart to our Father in Heaven. I know he loves us so much I have felt his love and him close in my life here.



Elder Paulson





Cool lightening!



Can you find Elder Paulson?


Ghana fried chicken and fries with cold slaw.





Such cute kids! 


We sent a bunch of matchbox cars for the kids, he said they loved them, mostly they just play with a spray bottle or something they find. 





Samuel Frimpong - with Elder Paulson and Elder Wiscombe






He does love his Utah teams!!! 



This is Elder Preston Olchewski from Bingham, He is in the Accra mission, notice they both have their Bingham shorts on. haha! 


Look closely at the top of the yellow part of the truck! How did that happen?



This dog reminds Max of a dog we had, Ozzie, he says he is a really nice dog and they let him in their apartment sometimes but they have to keep him away from them because of how stinky he is. You can see his tail is wagging, thus the foot. 


Sure love this face! 



The Elders the day of transfers.  His comp went to another area and he stayed with the two ZLs, 

No comments:

Post a Comment