Monday, May 1, 2017

The First Lesson

Well like always i hope this letter finds you all safe and sound.

Before I start I would like to give my condolences to the Thomas family. I love you guys. Heavenly Father loves you guys too.

Weeelll this week was another good week. Tuesday to like Thursday was full of finding new people to teach in a new part of the area. We contacted about 8 people over those past few days. Some really promising people! I'm excited. I feel like we did some good work these past few days.

SO the real awesome things happened on the weekend Friday we started off having weekly planning and that took us most of the morning along with monthly goals. Then about 2:00 we had our interviews with President which went really well, he basically told me in these next couple of transfers we will be losing 48 missionaries and getting 48 new missionaries, THAT'S HALF THE MISSION TRAINING. So he said I will most likely be training soon. So we will see how that goes over haha. I'm excited. SO that was part of the day then later in the evening that day we had a member missionary fireside. Which was you know, somehow haha. I had to give a talk on the Book Of Mormon on the spot so that was interesting but it went well. We got about three referrals from it so it was good.

Then Saturday we went to the temple with the ward at like 7:30 am which is always good to have the opportunity to go to the temple. Then we came back to the chapel and waited for a long time to get lunch and had some banku with pepe. Yeah if you want to know look it up haha. I have also come to love Pepsi on mission because they sell it in glass bottles for only one cedi. So it's nice and cold and cheap haha. So sorry mom and Abbi and all you other coke lovers I've gone to the dark side. Then we went and got our hair cuts. Came back to the apartment to change into short sleeves then one of our members wanted to show us where his friend he wants us to teach stays so we walked through a crazy legit, like you see on the movies market. Holy crap. Did I stick out like a sore thumb. Everyone was looking at me and it was crazy and I got called obruni like 300 times. It was madness. My comp walked behind me because he was afraid I was going to get pick pocketed. So Africa is somehow like the movies haha. Then we went and taught an investigator for the first time, which is why I titled it the first lesson...

SO I love the first lesson, it is one of the most unique messages we share about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Talks about prophets and apostasy and Jesus Christ's life on earth, But the main messages of the first lesson that we share here in Ghana are how important the Priesthood is and the Joseph Smith story. The thing
I love most about giving this lesson is quoting the words Joseph used as he described the first vision. I want you all and challenge you all to go and read that. As i quote this to investigators I can really feel the spirit with me and testifying to that person that this is true.

Well then that was kind of the week. I love all you people back home and hope you all are safe and well.


Elder Paulson


pic 1- Ghana rain coming in Hot haha
pic 2 More Ghana rain comin
pic 3 my dinner while watching the rain
pic 4 the chapel at night
pic 5 me with some RC kids haha
pic 6 more kids
pic 7 on the way to the temple
pic 8 temple
pic 9 tired boy
pic 10 Ghana sunset
pic 11 Ghana sunrise
pic 12 color difference haha
































No comments:

Post a Comment