Monday, May 22, 2017

I'm Going to be a Father!

Well, again I hope you all have had a good and safe week.

To start, like the heading of my letter says, I will be training a new missionary this transfer. I do not know who I will be training yet but I will find that out tomorrow. I'm excited for this chance to be able to train.

This week has been a good week. I have been waiting for this since my last interview that I had with my President  where he told me I would most likely be training this transfer or one of the next transfers to come. It will be a good opportunity and chance to kind of refresh myself with the district and other things we use to train new missionaries.

This last week my companion and I have been trying to visit some less actives, because our ward records says we have 230 members but about 140 are absent every Sunday. So that means a lot of re-activation work to be done in this area, which is what I think my new companion and I work on and try to find the balance between teaching lessons and helping people come back to the fold of our Father in Heaven.

Something I have been doing lately is reading from the New testament and the Book of Mormon. I have found that studying from the New Testament draws me closer to my Savior, Jesus Christ as I read of his ministry on earth and the miracles he preformed and even mostly the Atonement. The sacrifice he made for us, as we come to understand it, we can grow closer to our Savior and our Father in Heaven. Something I have come to learn well is that if we really think of all the people on this earth as our brothers and sisters then we will want them to be able to hear this message.

I think one of the things I have heard a lot this past week is attitude towards things that happen to us. My buddy Charles and Amy Thomas have both enlightened me on this subject. If we go into something already hating it then you will have a terrible time. It's like school, the class I hated going to I did not really do good in, but the classes I enjoyed I did better in (I was never that good at school, but I graduated so that's all that matters haha). Our Attitude is big, one of the things I think of is when the Savior was in the garden he knew that this thing that was about to happen to him he had to do. He had the attitude of no matter what happens I'm going to do my Fathers will. So that is a lot to think about and ponder on.

Something that is funny that has been happening is every other day we have to go and fetch water and carry it up 5 flights of stairs..... twice. SO that sucks but an awesome experience anyway!

I know this church is true and the gospel can bring us closer to our Father in Heaven. I love you all.

Also congrats to Lleyton Parker on the big call. Man my trainer's parents are going to be your mission President, so enjoy! Love you bro.

Also one more to Yazz. Proud of you bro. Keep growing in this gospel and you won't regret it ever. Love those crazy peeps of California.

Love you all again.

Elder Paulson.


1-last p day at the chapel
2- made mac n cheese last p day
3- out side of our apartment
4- Ghana fried rice
5-Small girl at stake confrence
6- me and elder Kamara




















No comments:

Post a Comment