Monday, May 15, 2017

Call Home 2 done!

Welllllll, I hope first off all the mothers had a great mother's day, and they were all able to hear from there sons serving missions. 

Well this week was a somehow good week, not bad but somehow good, ya know?

First, Tuesday and Wednesday we went out to find new people to teach.  I think I have told you that this area is a lot of businesses and people come and go and so it is hard to find people that are going to be here long enough to teach so we find them and then give their names to missionaries in the areas where they live.  


Thursday I was sick, I felt really hot and got really dizzy when I stood up so I do not know what it was but it only lasted that day.  Probably something in the water!  That was fun!

Then on Friday we had a 2nd lesson with a lady we had met, who we think is a little crazy. We asked her if she had prayed about Joseph Smith who we had talked about in the last meeting we had and she said yes.  Then she began to tell us how she does not believe in the bible and that the answer to her pray was that Joseph Smith is Jesus Christ!?  We said WHAT? The craziest thing I have ever heard on mission.  She is a little off, but God loves all his children. The lesson was weird and we just talked to her about having Faith in Christ.

Anyway, one of the best investigators we have told us he will have a hard time meeting with us now because he got a new job at a place that is not far but not part of the area we cover so I don't really know what will be happening with him but I hope we still get to teach him.

Well, my mom said I should share some of the thoughts that I shared with them yesterday. Something I have really have been thinking about is that the first part of my mission, like during my training, I really hated it here in Africa.  I did not want to be in Ghana.  Now looking back on that time I regret it and wish I would have done more in my first area than I did.  I only thought about how different it was where I was and how I missed home and how far away I was.  I will just give some small advice to my younger friends who are preparing to serve missions.  LIVE the whole thing!  LOVE IT!  Enjoy it because you only get to do this once. Like in the movie 'The Best Two Years' He says " don't let one day pass you by". It's true and it goes so fast. The days are long and the years are fast. We are all coming up on one year and it just does not seem possible.  Work hard and forget yourself!  

Another thing I will share very quickly is in Mosiah 4:9-10, go to your scriptures and read them.  The passages simply state to believe in God and that he can help you overcome any trial you are having in your life.  I love these scriptures, they have helped me here on mission and they can help you too in whatever challenge you are facing. The message they bring is simple for everyone to understand and all of us can benefit from the teachings inside them.

I love allllll you people and hope you all continue to be safe and make good choices. Enjoy the USA! haha.


Elder Paulson.

1-curved hats are my thing now (dad will be proud)
2-this is the cake one of the members made for someones birthday





No comments:

Post a Comment