Monday, May 8, 2017

GHANA!

HELLLLOO my dear friends and fam who read this email. I hope you are all doing well. I didn't really know what to title my letter so just Ghana. This week has been good and I cannot wait to tell you all about it!

So like I would say Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday were normal days. Except Wednesday we had our Multi Zone conference and I'll tell you more about that.  I always enjoy hearing from our leaders and getting to see all the missionaries. This conference was based on how us as missionaries can grow closer to Christ. One of the ways is to build a strong foundation by study, pray and keeping his commandments.  One of the scriptures they used,  which is also one of my favorite scriptures is Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

The reason this is one of my favorites is I used it a lot in the MTC .  We need to build our foundation on Christ and if we always rely on him we can not fail. Anyway,  the conference was good and long so I can't write about all of it but that was just one of my favorite parts.

Another cool thing is to see how investigators change by growing closer to Christ. One of our Investigators,  his name is Emmanuel. He is about 29 and he is from Nigeria. He is awesome!  He is here looking for work and he is struggling. He has really grown closer to Christ in the past couple of weeks that we have been working with him.

Ok so then Saturday we went and got hair cuts. Then went out to find some people. That day was sooo HOT! Let me tell when Ghana gets really hot, it means it is going to rain soon. I is not my favorite but I love Ghana tropical rain though.

Then Sunday.  So me and my companion are walking up to church and I see like 18 Obrunis (white people in Twi) and honestly I got super nervous, I have not talked to a regular white person since I left the USA.  I only talk to Elders and Sister missionaries and people from Ghana. So I'm a little worried to come home. Haha!. They were from BYU here for a Nursing trip. So that was awesome to see them and talk to them for a bit.  After that church felt kinda weird and they left right after sacrament and I felt kinda all alone for a bit.  😐 But it's ok, I love the people here. 

So I'll just apologize right now if I do not get a chance to write you back today. I only have a little time. Just wanted to tell you all that I love you and that I'm doing good here. SUNDAY IS MOTHERS DAY!  Happy Mothers day to my momma. Love you Momma!   Thank you for being an incredible mom and my best friend. If you don't have a Cindy Paulson in your life I'm sorryyyyy.

Also Happy Mothers day to all those momma's who have made a difference in my life. I love you very much and would not be where I am without you either.


Love you all, Elder Paulson


1-me and my comp
2-the elders in my apartment
3-the apartment
4-FUFU
5-my favorite pic
6-cooking at the Munro's
7-eating ice cream and chocolate pudding at the Munro's


















No comments:

Post a Comment