Monday, February 27, 2017

6 months & Elder Kabwika went home.

Good Afternoon from Ghana My people.   I hope this letter finds you all well and safe!

First Last Monday: Started out with washing (by Hand). Then a trip to the mall for some food and groceries and then coming to email and that was about it for Monday.

Tuesday: Tuesdays are always, at least for me, the longest day of the week because we just got off a P day which are the best day and back to work.  We first went and saw Doris, one of the ladies we are teaching and had a great lesson with her about the plan of salvation and families. To her, her family is really important and she loves them very much. We taught with the plan of salvation families can live together forever. That was the highlight of that day.

Wednesday: First we had district council meeting. We then went and saw Bro. John another investigator who is doing well. He and his wife are both learning with us. Then his daughter was there when we showed up and she asked great questions and she could be a really awesome investigator. We then contacted around where they stay and we contacted a young man who is from Nigeria. He does not stay in our area but we gave him a pamphlet and told him to look for the missionaries in his area. We also took his contact and gave it to the missionaries where he is staying.

Thursday: We went back to teach Doris and shared with her, faith and how we can develop faith and also what faith is. She seemed to really enjoy the teaching and we invited her to church.   We then went and ate food at Wannashop.

Friday: Elder Aiono and I went proselyting with his recent convert from his first area who is awesome. We went to Doris because she wanted us to come back again and we taught her and answered what ever questions. We then went to see Bro. John and his wife and their daughter. Answered questions and taught them about faith as well. That night it rained pretty good and it was cold and it was the best thing EVER! Tropical rain is awesome. Tropical storms are awesome! Spencer you know what I'm talking about, right?

Saturday: We did alot of contacting looking for more people to teach because our teaching pool is somehow small. We found some awesome people to start teaching. The day other than that was somewhat slow. We bought supplies to make banana bread. My companion is going to teach me. In the compound we stay, a while back the man that owned the place died and in Ghana they wait to do the funeral till everyone can come and his kids lived in Canada so they came over. They had a huge party in our compound and they killed a goat right out in the back and I got a selfie with it before they killed it which I will send.

Sunday: MY FAVORITE DAY. It is our day to remember our Savior. Sunday was good. We went to church. Had Doris, Daniel, Sewa and Bro. John attend church which was really exciting. We went back to the apartment and I cooked Indomie (basically top ramen) but I bought the family pack and it was HUGE. Bigger then my hand. Think about how big my hand is and then compare it to how big this indomie was. I loved it. Then it started to rain at like 2:00 and did not stop till about 6:30 which was good because we then went to see Sister Comfort, a member.

Well, This week I have been reading in Alma. I did It I FINISHED ALMA. Took forever. My new favorite person in the Book of Mormon Is Teancum. He is someone who is overlooked in the Book Of Mormon, I think. I also of course love Captain Moroni. Chapter 46 when Captain Moroni raises the title of liberty. Read it!

Well People 
love you all. 


Elder Paulson

Weird looking, really large beetle.  


Little goat who sacrificed it's life to feed the people at the funeral.  


What would a letter be from Elder Paulson without a goat!  


Funeral held in the courtyard of Elder Paulson's apartment.  


I know that looks like some construction going on but it is actually the rain gutter.



Little kids from Elder Paulson's ward, Julius and Jaclyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment