Monday, February 13, 2017

Good Afternoon from Ghana


I hope everyone is well and safe first off.

This week has been long for me somehow but I'm going to try and break it down because my mom asked me too.

Monday: So last monday was my Birthday as most of you know and thank you all for the birthday wishes and letters, I loved them and it made my birthday that much better! We went to this place it's called Circle and it's this big market where you can basically buy anything you want in the world, we went there so I could buy a uke. My companion is going to try and teach me. Big emphasis on TRY I have never been musically talented. Then we went to the Achimota mall which is really close to our area like a 6 min tro ride. So we went there and I found MTN DEW! Loved it. Had a chicken sandwich and loved that too haha! We then went to our members house because it was her birthday too and had dinner and cake.

Tuesday: Tuesday we went to teach our investigators with our ward mission leader his name is Bro. Francis, cool guy. After we taught about 4 lessons he went to pick up his nephews from school and we went to eat fufu at Freda's house, she is also a member and one of our ward missionary's. After she fed us fufu I was not feeling too good so went back to the apartment and I was having runny tummy the rest of the night and that night I threw up twice which was not fun at allllllllll.

Wednesday: We stayed in all day because I didn't feel good, I didn't eat anything and just drank water. I lost like 5 pounds.

Thursday: Thursday we had a zone meeting and it basically took all day. It was good, we learned about obedience and how you can only receive all the blessings when you are fully obedient in life and in the mission. It was good to see President Simpson and his wife and feel the spirit they have with them.

Friday: We went out with sister Freda to see some investigators with her, we went and saw a lady named Florence, she is a old investigator who is not so serious but I have faith that this church can help her, she just needs to put forth faith and pray. There is another man his name is Daniel and he has been coming to church for some time now and he is going to be baptized next Friday. We also saw him that day as well, he is excited to be baptized.

Saturday: We went to P.E.C which is a meeting we have with our ward leaders and our ward mission leader. Then we went out to see some investigators which was great, some are doing well while others we are trying to get to see our message.

Sunday: Sunday was good, in our zone meeting our mission president taught us how Sunday is the saviors day and as we go to remember him, we should look our best, so I polished my shoes and wore my long sleeve best white shirt and made sure I looked nice and that I really reflected on the Savior and the things he did for us during his life and it made sacrament that much more meaningful and it helped so much for me to find the reason why I'm serving a mission. We then came home and had lunch and then went and taught Daniel again and he is doing so well. I'm so proud of him!

I'm trying to think of crazy things that happened to me this week but nothing really, we have had a ton of rain today which is good, it cools down the place and feels nice. Let me know how writing my letters like this is and if you like it better then the other way. The only thing i can think of that is funny is FUFU comes up the same way it goes down and looks the same haha! Gross! Sorry just letting you know.

LOVE ALL YOU PEOPLE SO MUCH!

Elder Paulson


Elder Paulson' room, notice the large fans, must feel like sleeping in a wind tunnel!




Must be the Ghana version of a gutter!



Cute Elder, sweaty face and new Ukelelli!


No comments:

Post a Comment