Monday, September 26, 2016

Hello everyone,

Happy one MONTH! 23 left that is crazy to think. Well my first week in Ghana. So Monday we went to the temple site and around it they have a bunch of other buildings and in one of them they have a full basketball court so I got to play basketball my first p day in the field which was awesome.

Tuesday we went to teach some investigators which was awesome, finally teaching REAL people. I got to bear my testimony, which felt really good! I got my full Ghana name, which is Kofia Abussia-penny which means in Twi, "head of house". Also here you hear the word "o'bruni" a lot if your white because it means white man ha! ha! and the word Obollo which means big person ha! ha! It was cute, now its just kind of annoying.

Wednesday - another long day of contacting and meeting investigators, which is fun learning how to teach more, I tried my FIRST Ghana dish which is abeenqwine and amotuo which is stew with rice ball and its VERY fishy, I have also tried Fufu which is nice. 

Thursday was mostly the same and if your wondering we do small talk or Twi to people, it's really fun to learn! Madassa means thank you and there are others like etesan which is like how are you. Very cool to learn and also if I write like small small or its nice in my emails it is because it is how they talk. When they describe if you are learning something small or a short amount of time they will say small small ha! ha!, 

Friday I saw my first.................................................MONKEY! It was a baboon in the city where I am and some man caught it and has it tied to a tree outside his house and it was pretty cool ha! ha!

Saturday we went on a temple trip with our ward and I rode in my first Tro tro which are just big vans that they cram like 23 people in.  I hated it, being honest!  I think I'm now clastraphobic or however your spell it ha! ha!  I got to go through the temple and see the baptismal font! Awesome expirence! 

Sundays are always good, it feels more normal to go and take the sacrament and hear people speak ( even though it is hard to understand some people's english) But it was nice! Oh I forgot the place where my area is is called Kasoa. Its about an hour outside or Accra! I'm like a big magnet for little kids because I'm white and large ha! ha!, but it's fun and I love them. The Area I'm in is kind of at a low point with getting people baptized and finding new people to teach. 

Stuff out here is so cheap, like I can buy a Basketball Jersey for like 50 cedis which is like 15 dollars in america, I am also having a guy make me a scripture case that is done in a way called kenta, it's really cool. I'll send a picture of it when it's done. 

Well that's my week, it's not the most exciting but it's awesome here, Oh and Ghana smells AWFUL........ like because to Ghanians everywhere is their toilet. Worst smelling thing ever!! Mission is fun but it has challenges like we haven't had water this whole week, and we get our water from like filtered bags of water, I'll send a picture of that too! Many crazy things in Africa, the elections are going on here and it's about to be hit with election campaigns ha! ha!. Ok love all your peoples back home. Just be thankful to be living in THE USA because honestly it's the best!  If anyone knows some good country music with a good meaning to it, let my mother know.  I miss country music so bad.  Ha! Ha!   Love ya guys!  Elder Paulson





 Elder Vandehei and Elder Paulson






This is Amanda, she wants to play with Elder Paulson all the time.  Her family are members.

No comments:

Post a Comment