Monday, September 19, 2016


Anyone want Vegemite?



First P day in Ghana!

Hello Peeps,


Well its real, I am in Ghana! Its weird to think I am in Africa sometimes but it is a really awesome place! The people are so loving and kind.


Okay so to start off I am going to start from the beginning! So if you would like any advice on how to bore yourself take a ride on a airplane for 10 hours while being a missionary. Not saying being a missionary is a bad thing, it's awesome, but you can't watch movies or anything. The worst thing ever! I made it through though so that is good!


Next, the driving here is NUTS! Everyone basically drives and does whatever they want it seems like ha, pretty awesome! There are these van looking cars called "Tro Tros" they are like big taxis and they fit 23 people inside of them and they are only suppose to hold like 10, it's crazy! I have not rode in one yet but I plan too! Also everything is super cheap here like you can get a really nice pair of shoes for like 50 cedis which comes to like 5 dollars in American money! Pretty cool! The apartments are alright they are kind of what I expected them to be!


For those of you who know him I saw Preston Olschewski and I know that is not how you spell it but I don't know how. It was great to see him! My first area is called Kasoa and it's a great area! The people are awesome and the members are awesome as well. The language is tough but cool! The little kids all call me "obruni" which means white person and it is pretty funny! They have the best fruit here that I have every had and I have eaten so many. The food is pretty spicy but it's good but it will take some getting use to. You can basically buy anything you want in the local mall which is like the malls back in America, its like my little slice of America right in Ghana. The best thing I have had so far is fried plantains! They are amazing and are very delicious, they kind of taste like potato chips but sweeter! I also rode a ram my first week, like a goat with horns which was awesome! I am really beginning to love it here. I will write more next week, I promise.


On a spiritual note, I taught many people who are awesome and I saw two people get baptized! It was a great first couple of days! 
I started getting to talk to people and show them my love and light and it makes it so much better! When people see what they are missing and you just can see the spirit working on them its amazing! I Love the gospel and everything it has shown me! I had nothing to worry about here, the people are so amazing but it is like 10 million degrees here and its the most humid place on the face of the earth but the people and the culture are awesome!

Love all you guys! Hope America is good!


Elder Paulson

No comments:

Post a Comment