Monday, December 26, 2016

Well everyone Merry Christmas ya filthy
animals! HA!

Just kidding, I hope you all had an amazing Christmas no matter where you are and that you got to spend some time with your family and reflect on Christ this time of year. From his birth all the way to his atonement. As we think about the things he did for us we come to know more about him and love him more than we ever could.

This week there were plenty of hardships I have heard from the other missionaries experiencing in their families and I just want my spiritual focus of this letter to be on this life because we didn't have a lot going on this week with Christmas and everything. It was so great to see my family and talk to them on Christmas! I love them all very much! I thank them for their love and support and everyone that has given me love and encouragement through this time.

This life is such a big part of Heavenly Father's Plan for us. I'm going to make it a little personal so I hope none of you shed tears. The 4 months I have been in Ghana I have had plenty of hardships come my way and with all of them that have come I had a time where I honestly thought to myself, why do we have to live these lives? I thought if Heavenly Father knew that some of his children weren't going to make it back to his presence then why did he send us here, I also thought of how much stress life brings us...... I was going through a really rough time, probably one of the most challenging times in my life. During this time I had also received a confirmation through my many prayers that this life is for us to make choices, this life is so important to Heavenly Father. It's our chance to receive our spiritual body and show him that we truly want to follow him. I just want everyone of you to know that my testimony of the plan of salvation is so strong since I have come on my mission. There is life after this and we can be with our families forever! I know this to be very true! I love all you people and again Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Elder Paulson

P.S.  Here's a shout out and congrats to Shae Rasmussen and Harley Hurd for their mission calls!  


No pictures again, we had to send him a piece to his camera so he can download pictures and he hasn't received it yet! Really miss the pictures!

So incredible to see this smiling face again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment