Monday, February 5, 2018

More Days here in the Bush!


Hi Family and friends,

I hope you all are doing fantastic and having an awesome start to your week.

This week my companion and I were able to do a lot of good work.

We did a lot of finding new people to teach and also trying and continuing to help our investigators who are progressing towards baptism.   I am excited for the future work Elder Tupou and I have to do here. Looks like I will be staying here until April 3rd, that is when this transfer ends because we will be having a 9 week transfer. I'm excited though for the work here.

This time last year if any of you remember, I was sick the day after my Birthday and now this same time just a little bit before I also got sick, which always sucks. I was sick Friday night and all Saturday. I have come to the conclusion that becoming sick on mission is the worst thing ever. Over it now though, which is good.

We had a great district meeting on Wednesday and talked about companionship unity. As for the spiritual note of this letter, I always talk about the Book of Mormon but today I wanted to talk about the Bible.  I have been reading in Paul's letters and right now I'm in 1 Timothy and in these small chapters he has a lot of great lessons that I have learned from him. He talks about Jesus Christ a lot ad the importance of his teachings for us. I have really enjoyed reading those teachings, I have learned from him.

Well peoples time to go. I love you all! THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES!  The videos were awesome and the voice recordings!    God bless.

Love Elder Paulson

So sad no pictures today!  His camera battery is shot but what he doesn't know is a friend of his in Accra is going to surprise him with a little pizza party when he goes to Accra on Wednesday for his eye appointment.  So next week look for some great pictures of that surprise!  Wish I could be there to see his face!  

This is a letter from an Elder who is from Kumasi, Ghana serving with Elder Paulson.  I love how he describes their village.  


Hello Mother,

It was great to read your message but is not good to be sick.I know that you will be better soon! It was good to received the priesthood blessing and I know you will be good.The week was great! we taught many people and it was great some were at the Sacrament meeting and it was great to see them.The work is still progressing.

I hope one day you will get the chance to attends a service in Ghana and it will be great, people has a wonderful testimony.

Asunafo is a big village and the people are nice people but is BUSH! I am Ghanaian but I have not been in a bush like that but it's fun and nice to be there.The people in the village are farmers,they plant many types of crops but the most one is Cocoa.The people here are very strong the old people can carry a lot of stuff on their head.They have nice school buildings because they supported by the WORLD JOY FOUNDATION,the foundation has been helping many people here and it from Utah, especially the people in Cache Valley.People here are not rich but they are happy people,there are many different churches here but the Mormons are many.

As for shopping we used to go the nearby town to buy stuff.Everything is great here in Asunafo the Lord want us to be here and we say to Him Father thy will be done we will do the work with all heart and might.

Mother I will tell you more next week.


Love you mother,
Elder Antwi.







This are some of the pictures from Asunafo








No comments:

Post a Comment