Monday, March 27, 2017

DAYS ARE SLOW, YEARS ARE FAST! ( I will explain that in a minute)

Well Good afternoon friends and family.

So for my heading, Sister Simpson said it in our last multi-zone conference and I liked it haha! Sometimes the days are slow but when we look back on this time we we will say it went by too fast!

I'm not going to do the day by day format. I'm going to maybe change it up every once in a while.

Weeellll this week was good/bad I guess you could say. We went out and did a lot of finding this week so that we could make our teaching pool a little bigger and maybe get more success out of our area that way. So we will see how that goes. Sorry dad no goat catching this week.

Something cool this week is we are still teaching my recent converts Sam's sister and her friend. It's awesome to see how a couple of months ago he was in the same position as them, and now when he goes with us to teach to see how he can testify to know that these things are true that we are coming to tell them and how his relationship with Christ has grown. I love to see people's hearts change to the Lord.

I guess something interesting that happened this week was there was a rain storm on like Thursday night, I think. I went like a little kid and played in the rain. It was so cold it felt like back home. I think it was one of the first times I have actually been cold in Ghana.

I am trying to think of more this week. Well Sunday (yesterday) we went and ate at one of our member's houses, she invited us and after we finished eating she showed us her old wedding photos from her and her ex-husband and she kept laughing at how young she was. Now she is like 30 but she got married when she was like 21 or something but she was just laughing at all the funny, old pictures of her. Cool story about her though is one thing with Ghanaian people is that they like Sika (money in Twi) and for her she owns a fried rice shop that does pretty well. Everyone loves her fried rice, before she was baptized (this is the lady I was able to baptize) she didn't understand why working on the Sabbath was a bad thing because Sunday's for her are one of the days she sells the most. Now though, her being baptized for almost two months, s no longer sells on Sundays and understands why it is not good. Which is also awesome to see her conversion and how much she has changed in the short time she has been a member. I love it!

I did, although this week I did not catch goats, I did chase them. I was unsuccessful in my attempts. They are surprisingly fast and agile or I have just been away from sports for a little to long haha. I do weigh 240 pounds now so that should help a little. My mom was asking me about the puppy I found in the picture, he was just chilling at one of the places we eat. Dogs here don't belong to anyone, and they don't really take care of them. Some people eat them and cats, frogs, goats, chicken and sheep. Not too much beef or pork is eaten.

I am really grateful to be serving here in Ghana, I honestly love the people of Ghana, even though sometimes they can be a little stubborn!  


Well peeps. I love you all. I love this Gospel. I am now in Ether 12 Of the Book Of Mormon. SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR AWAY. I love the Book Of Mormon and the knowledge i am able to take from reading and studying it. I encourage all of you who have now read it to heed of its message. I know it to be true. Again I love you all. Have a good day in the land of the free and the home of the brave.


Elder Paulson





The view from the tallest hill in our area. 




The front of my apartment.




Cristabel a employee at the american shop and now one of our friends/hopefully investigators.




The front of the American shop where we go. 





A puppy I found. 



A view of my area at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment